Tim’s Bachelor’s Party
– Super fun, but tiring. My quads are totally gone from all the swatting & crouching.
– Got hit on right (trigger) hand, in the same spot, on my middle finger knuckle, twice. First time it hurt, but it was fine. Second time, it got hella swollen, but it eventually died down. But the odds!!!
– I got hit dead center right between the eyes. I was looking right at the guy (Eric, Tim’s co-worker), right as he shot me. It was pretty cool, and didn’t hurt at all. Getting hit in the facemask is probably the best place (less painful) to get hit.
– I got hit on: right inner bicep, right rib cage, right side below rib cage
-Thanks, Vince. When I got hit in the right hand the 2nd time, I raised my gun, in my right hand, up, and and starting to walk off the course, to my left, like standard procedure. Freakin’ Vince still shoots me in my exposed right side (my arm is usually providing cover). He notices late and then from across the field was like “SORRY NEPHEW!!!” lol…
- Noticed the morning after that I also got hit in the left quad, but didn’t really feel it since my quads were burning with the fire of a 1,000 suns. Freakin, it’s like no joke. Walking down stairs is not fun right now (walkup up is surprisingly ok). I don’t ever do squats at the gym, just elliptical. The very first course was “the mounds”, pyramid shaped piles of dirt. If you were to stand up straight, you’re totally exposed from the neck up, so you had to crouch the entire time.
- Still, all totally worth it. And everyone wants to get their own gear and make this a thing.
Umigo Indoor Kart Racing
– The place was literally around the corner from the paintball place.
– A bunch of people brought their own helmets, since they ride.
– It was fun, but I was over it after the 1st of 2 runs. It runs on a small gas-powered engine, which is right next to you in the kart (to your right), and the gas tank is in between your legs right under the steering wheel. So you get a double blast of gas fumes and the exhaust fumes.
– Turning the wheel takes a lot of force, putting a lot of strain on your forearms. I was feeling it after the 1st run.
– The 2nd run, I started to get a little nauseous from the fumes. And constant tight turns was starting to get to me.
The groom-to-be & best man
Vince & Justin ready to go
– Afterwards, we went to a bar in downtown Livermore, not too far from the go karts and paintball place. I had a bad headache & still feeling nauseous from the go karts, so I took a little nap in Jay’s car, maybe 20-30 minutes or so, before heading in.
– In that time, Jay had order 2 tall (22 oz) black & tans, and 2 for Tim. Jay downed his two in maybe less than a minute, all before Tim finished half of his 1st one. Tim’s co-worker ended up finishing his 2nd one. Then they ordered him another beer, but he barely touched that. He was already done. He was already falling asleep. We got some good pics.
- Bill had got Tim a “card”. He had told us to go to the trunk of his car to sign “the card”. “The card” was a blow up doll that he named Ursala. Lol. It was hilarious. After we left the bar, Bill took it out and Tim took pics with it. Good times.
Tim, re-evaluating his life in the double face palm, “the card”, and Bill.